Located in beautiful Carbondale, CO, Sunsense Solar has been providing solar electric system design and installation for homes, businesses, and communities since 1990. Sunsense Solar hallmarks include our commitment to superior craftsmanship, outstanding customer service, and the highest quality products. Experienced and NABCEP certified, the Sunsense Solar team is skilled and dedicated to providing environmentally responsible and cost effective solar solutions.
EOE. As an Equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
If Sunsense has any positions open, they will be posted below.
STAFF SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Sunsense Solar is a busy solar design and installation company in need of a multi-talented administrator to provide support in a variety of areas. Depending on your skill set there are opportunities to participate in accounting, marketing and event planning. Required responsibilities include utility interconnection processing, permitting, office support and reception duties. This position would suit a detail oriented self-starter looking for a position in an environmentally conscious company.
Required: Experience with Microsoft office suite – Word and Excel
Desirable: QuickBooks, Power Point, Word Press
• $TBD/hour depending on experience
• Review in 90 days from hire date
• Health/Wellness expense reimbursement
• Vacation, personal/sick time
• Limited use of company resources
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please
PV SYSTEM DESIGNER
Sunsense Solar is seeking an experienced PV System Designer. The PV System Designer is responsible for producing high quality permit, construction, and record/as-built drawings for residential and small commercial grid-tied systems, and residential PV plus battery systems, based on site visit information collected by the Sunsense Residential/Small Commercial and Off-grid sales consultants.
The applicant should be detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills. This is a full-time position based in the Carbondale, CO office.
- Responsible for producing high quality permit, construction, record/as-built drawings, and preliminary design drawings to assist the sales team
- Coordinate with external professional engineers (structural, geotechnical and electrical), when needed, to ensure high quality system design
- Provide technical support to project managers and sales team during feasibility, site evaluation, and construction phases
- Work with design team to update drawing templates when needed and produce Autocad blocks and details to use in future drawings
- Keep up to date with local AHJ requirements
The following, in order of importance, are not required, but are highly desirable in an applicant.
- Experience with CAD software, especially Autocad or Autocad LT
- Experience designing grid-tied, non-battery based PV Systems
- Experience designing battery based PV systems
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC), the International Building Code (IBC), the International Fire Code (IFC)
- Experience with modelling software – PVWatts, Solar Edge Site Designer, PVSYST, System Advisor Module
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification
- PV installation experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience using SketchUp
- Experience with Google Earth
- Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include:
- Continuing education assistance
- Health and Wellness expense
- Cell phone stipend
- Vacation, personal and sick time
- Limited use of company resources
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
SOLAR PV INSTALLER
The overall goal of the PV Installer is to work with and learn from the Sunsense field crews to achieve completion of projects with the highest level of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Previous solar installation experience a plus.
- Entry-Level NABCEP certification a plus
- Construction experience a plus
- Must have full range of motion in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions & environments, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time in hot and cold temperatures
- ROCK CLIMBERS WANTED! There will be significant roof work so being comfortable with ladders, working on steep pitches, using fall protection & positioning gear and in general being able to work safely and efficiently off the ground / on rooftops is required
- Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- Ability to think on your feet, make adjustments & decisions in the field as required
- Professional appearance
- Hard working attitude
- Extremely reliable
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Detail oriented with a curious nature.
Work with and train under Crew Leaders and the Installer team(s) to complete projects within established policies and procedures
- Discuss any and all design alterations with Crew Leader prior to implementation
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety. Be responsible for your own and others’ safety
- Load and unload trucks in a careful, professional manner. Care for and maintain gear, tools, equipment, vehicles and other company property
- Assist in stocking trucks and preparing job “kits” in the warehouse
- $TBD/hour depending on experience
- Review in 90 days from hire date
- Annual performance evaluation
Benefits (pending successful 90-Day Review):
- Continuing Education assistance
- Monthly expense reimbursement (Health/Wellness)
- Vacation, personal, sick time
- Limited use of company tools, vehicles, etc.
To apply: Send cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.