Sunsense Inc. is looking for a reliable Accounting Assistant. The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices and assist with internal accounting controls. The ideal candidate will be capable of learning our complex accounting system with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will report directly to the Accounting Manger and President and play an instrumental role in the financial success and future of Sunsense Inc.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, data entry, reconcile operating and GL accounts, statements.
- Request and process W9 forms from new Vendors.
- Receive and process Purchase Orders.
- Sales and Use tax processing per jurisdiction (monthly).
- Maintain balances and reconciliation of credit and fuel cards.
- Assists with special projects, as requested. Schedule of Values and AIA Pay applications.
- Enter New Client information into QuickBooks and Project Tracker, generate estimate and create customer folders.
- Scan file and log accounting documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 2+ yrs. experience in Construction Accounting.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel and Word.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player and work well with others in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional leadership abilities.
Compensation and Benefits
- $TBD/hour depending on experience.
- 90-day review with annual performance evaluations thereafter.
- Benefits (pending successful 90-day review).
- Continuing Education assistance.
- Monthly expense reimbursement (Health/Wellness).
- Vacation, personal, sick time.
- Limited use of company tools, vehicles, etc.