The PV Installer completes projects to the highest levels of quality, maintaining high levels of safety, as an integral member of the installation team. Opportunistic role for a motivated self-starter.
- Previous solar installation experience and/or technical education a plus, but not required. Curiosity and passion are most important.
- Entry-Level or higher NABCEP certification, general construction experience, OSHA 10/30, First Aid certification are advantageous, but not required.
- You must have full range of motion in your upper and lower body, the ability to work in various positions & environments for extended periods of time, indoors and out, in all seasons.
- Rooftop work is a significant part of this job. Going up and down ladders, at times working on steep pitches and in general being able to work comfortably, safely and efficiently at heights is part of the role.
- The ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis is required.
- Have a hard-working attitude, be reliable and pay attention to detail.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Take direction from Crew Leaders and work with team members to complete projects within established safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Learn and follow best practices. Read, understand and follow product instructions.
- Discuss any and all needed design alterations and installation choices with Crew Leader prior to implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining established QA/QC standards.
- Care for and maintain gear, tools, equipment, vehicles and other company property.
- Assist in stocking, cleaning and maintaining an orderly warehouse.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range - $20-$25/hour, based on experience
- 90-day review with Annual Performance Evaluation
- Health benefits
- Earned vacation, personal/sick time, paid holidays
- Tool/Training stipend
- Relocation stipend (if applicable)