Hiring year-round and seasonal. Come be a part of the most dynamic sector of the construction industry and help build our energy future! The PV Installer completes projects to the highest levels of quality, maintaining high levels of safety, as an integral member of the installation team.
- Previous solar installation experience and/or technical education a plus, but not required. Curiosity and passion are most important.
- Entry-Level or higher NABCEP certification, general construction experience, OSHA 10/30, First Aid certification are plusses, but not required. We can and will provide training.
- You must have full range of motion in your upper and lower body, the ability to work in various positions & environments, including, but not limited to: stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of
time, indoors and out, in all seasons.
- Rooftop work is a significant part of this job. Going up and down ladders, at times working on steep pitches and in general being able to work comfortably, safely and efficiently at heights is part of the role. Fall protection, roof access
and positioning training will be provided.
- The ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis is required.
- Think on your feet and make adjustments & decisions in the field as required.
- Have a hard-working attitude, be reliable and pay attention to detail.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Take direction from Crew Leaders and work with the Installation team members to complete projects within established safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Learn and follow best practices. Read, understand and follow product instructions.
- Discuss any and all needed design alterations and installation choices with Crew Leader prior to implementation.
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on safety. Be responsible for your own and others’ safety. Training provided.
- Conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner, both at the shop and on job sites.
- Care for and maintain gear, tools, equipment, vehicles and other company property. Report deficiencies promptly.
- Assist in stocking, cleaning and maintaining an orderly warehouse.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Wage Range: $15-17/hr depending on experience.
- Safety and job training provided.
- Tool Budget Program.
- 90-day review, annual performance evaluations thereafter.
- Benefits (pending successful 90-day review).
- Continuing Education program.
- Monthly expense reimbursement (Health/Wellness).
- Vacation / Sick / PTO time.
- Limited use of company tools / vehicles.