This position within Operations will work from our Carbondale office and requires engagement with all Sunsense departments: Sales, Design, Procurement, Accounting and Service.
- Possess technical experience in the PV and electrical industry:
- Knowledge of PV products, the NEC and PV technology in general.
- Direct installation and job site experience.
- Project management and/or crew leadership experience helpful.
- Currently possess, be on a documented path towards or be willing to pursue various certifications: NABCEP, OSHA 10/30, First Aid/CPR/AED etc.
- Helpful computer proficiencies: MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, CAD, etc.
- Strong phone and customer service skills.
- Detail and solutions oriented. This role is responsible for fielding fully outfitted crews to complete projects on time and on budget. Applicant must be ready to own (and improve) the project flow.
- People management experience a plus.
- This role coordinates all post-contract technical aspects of a project including: permitting, technical project development, safety planning, crew and subcontractor scheduling, inspections, as-built drawings, monitoring and commissioning work and project close-out.
- Be the main point of contact with homeowners, businesses, GCs, AHJs, subcontractors and internal stakeholders.
- Educate stakeholders, thoroughly communicate and resolve issues around all aspects of project workflow including (but not limited to): development, installation, product and other warranties, timelines, documentation, scheduling etc.
- Drive efficiencies on Residential projects, including (but not limited to): ensuring crews have tools/equipment needed to complete jobs in a high quality and timely manner, ensuring timely exit from offices in the morning, ensuring job kits are complete with parts/hardware/materials.
- Ensure safety and quality compliance per company policy and best practices. Perform spot checks, both announced and unannounced, on your job sites.
- Assist in shipping/receiving, some lifting.
- Contribute to warehouse organization with other Project Managers, Procurement Manager and Operations Manager.
- Communicate maintenance issues and purchasing needs as needed.
- This role is ~85% office and ~15% field work (site visits as needed, staffing inspections etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary depending on experience.
- Tool budget.
- Continuing education assistance.
- After successful 90-day review:
- Health & Wellness expense reimbursement.
- Cell phone stipend.
- Vacation, personal, sick time.
- Limited use of company tools, vehicles, etc.
- Employer-paid short-term disability & life insurance.